Read my blog on 100 uses for Avon’s Skin So Soft to find out what makes this product amazing & also where you can read reviews and purchase.
There are tons & tons of uses for the popular product, Skin So Soft, by Avon. Winter months are especially harsh on the skin. Skin So Soft is sure to keep your skin moisturized and quenched in harsh cold weather. See below for 100 uses for Skin So Soft, including a link to my web site where you can get yours on sale now!
1. It’s a bath oil and after shower moisturizer.
2. Can be used as a makeup remover.
3. Great tanning oil (no sunscreen).
4. Hot oil treatment to soften cuticles.
5. Great massage oil for tired muscles.
6. Cleans off tape marks left from bandages on skin.
7. Cleans ink/stains off the skin.
8. Insect repellent.
9. Helps relieve itching caused by dry skin (or winter skin).
10. Applying Skin So Soft to bug bites alleviates itching.
11. Removes oil and grease off of skin.
12. Painting something? Use Skin So Soft to remove paint from the hands.
13. It soothes light sunburn.
14. Rub hands with it before washing; it helps get them cleaner.
15. Apply on dry, cracked skin…. helps heal skin in 2-3 days.
16. Put a capful in liquid soap and use it for shaving legs and under arms. Helps razor glide and leaves skin feeling extra smooth.
17. Pour a little into your foot bath to help moisturize (especially dry, cracked heels) your feet while you relax them.
18. It removes chewing gum from hair, skin, and most nonporous surfaces.
19. Cleans permanent ink off stamps.
20. Skin So Soft Original Bath Oil works GREAT on Head Lice!!!!! Saturate head and let it set for 15 minutes. Then rinse under an outdoor faucet, but the lice were gone!!!!!!! Of course, shampoo hair a couple of times to get the oil out, but the lice are gone and stay gone!
21. It kills ants instantly.
22. Spray on skin to relieve dry itching skin. Helps skin retain its elasticity. Skin So Soft has their own line of skin tightening and firming lotions and oils!
23. Wash hair with shampoo and conditioner like always and after it dries…. Use about the size of a dime of Skin So Soft and rub it in your hair. It goes straight in and leaves hair as shiny as the ads on TV, not greasy at all, just soft and shiny.
24. It can help eliminate psoriasis and eliminate the effects of eczema.
25. It lessens the sting of removing bandages from children’s sensitive skin.
26. It removes gum from hair better than peanut butter.
HOUSEHOLD USES (now ya’all listen up):
27. Sponge it around doors, windows, and on screens to keep crawling bugs out.
28. It’s a good wood cleaner and conditioner for natural wood.
29. It removes glue and gum left from price tags and labels from glass, metals, and most plastics.
30. It removes soap scum from shower doors and curtains, and bathroom and kitchen figures.
31. It removes lime and hard water deposits from fixtures, tile, shower doors and windows.
32. It’s an oil lubricant for fitting pipe joints that won’t slip together.
33. It cleans ink off most vinyl and painted surfaces.
34. It cleans heavy oil and grease from nonporous surfaces.
35. It takes fur off of clothing.
36. Rub on brass ornaments or figurines to help keep them from turning dark.
37. Removes crayon from appliances and most painted surfaces (great if you have four young boys like I do!!).
38. Wash cupboards with it mixed in your cleaning water to keep ants off and out of the cupboards (Yes… Really!).
39. Excellent at removing lipstick stains from furniture, clothing, etc.
40. Use it to discourage hornets from building their nests. After using a hornet killing spray, remove the nest and keep the area sprayed with Skin So Soft. They will not rebuild there.
41. Use it to clean leather; it will also keep it soft and supple.
42. Use it on your air conditioning screen (filter)–your incoming air will smell fresher and the filter is easier to clean.
43. Rub all over windowsills to keep ants out.
44. It cleans paintbrushes easily and leaves them soft as new.
45. It removes gum from carpets.
46. It removes scuff marks from patent leather shoes.
47. Use it on running rails for sliding glass doors and windows to make opening and closing easier.
48. It removes “ring around the collar”.
49. It removes liquid nail (paneling glue).
50. Two glass bowls or glasses stuck together? Drizzle a little SSS down the sides and they’ll come apart easily.
51. It removes candle wax from furniture, carpets and clothing.
52. Hummingbird Feeders: To deter bees try rubbing Skin So Soft on the feeder surface by the feeder ports.
53. It works for maggots in the garbage can too! You squirt Skin So Soft in can and lid, then later flushed with soapy water, and you shouldn’t have any bugs in cans rest of summer!!!
54. It is a great furniture polish!
55. Put it in one of the bottles that you attach to your backyard hose and then spray down the back yard! Will cut down on ants, mosquitoes and other creepy crawlies.
56. People spray it on their rose bushes to keep the deer from eating them, and at the cemeteries on the flowers they put out there for the same reason.
57. Kills spiders.
58. It cuts grease and cleans dirt from range hoods.
59. Add a capful to wash water when doing laundry…acts as a fabric softener and keeps the bugs off clothes.
60. Spray on orchids and other flowers for moisture and to keep bugs away.
61. Cleans baseball caps. Just spray on and rub with toothbrush.
62. Try this recipe: mix one part Skin So Soft and 2 parts water and spray on tomato plants to keep those ugly old tomato worms off. Spray plants about every 2 or 3 days. Works great!!
63. Put a little in your mopping water to help keep crawling bugs out. (Not too much or the floor gets slippery.)
64. Use to clean windows.
65. Removes crayon from most surfaces.
66. Screens can be lightly sprayed with Avon Skin So Soft to repel no-see-‘ums and tiny gnats that otherwise might slip though the screens.
67. Another use for Skin So Soft is it will kill those pesky earwigs. Spray it on & they don’t return to life.
68. If you ever make candles, melt clear wax and put Skin So Soft in it and let it harden. Works great for outside in the summer.
69. As a deodorizer, spray into air and let settle, kills those nasty pet orders.
70. If a child wets the bed, spray the bedding and sheets before washing and will give it a fresh clean smell.
71. It keeps bromine and chlorine from corroding metal and keeps the top of a pool pump filter lubed for easy opening.
72. Use Skin So Soft in an oil burner outside to repel bugs. I use the ones with the little dish on top and a tea light below. Just put a capful or so of Skin So Soft into the dish and light the tea light. Your patio will smell great; it works better than citronella candles, and no citronella smell!
73. It’s a great insect repellent for your pet. (As recommended in “Outdoor Life” and “Field and Stream”). (My own dog, Takoda, has his own bottle of Skin So Soft creamy body wash… not only does it repel fleas, but it is gentle for his sensitive skin!!!)
74. Mix 5 parts water, 1 part Skin So Soft and mist on animals. Brushing it in makes their coats gleam and keeps insects off so the animals don’t fidget in the show ring.
75. Mix in your pet’s bath water. It takes the fleas off of them…and in between sprays them with the 5 parts water, 1 part Skin So Soft mixture to help keep them off.
76. Rub on your hands before and after working with your pets and farm animals. It will remove the strong smells.
77. Black Fly Spray For Dogs: Use as a spray or a dip. 1 cup Skin So Soft, 1/2 cup liquid detergent and 3 gallons of water.
78. For dog’s dry skin mix 1 tablespoon of Skin So Soft per gallon of water and use as an after bath rinse. Or spritz your pet’s coat once per week.
79. If your dog should get tar or asphalt on the pads of their feet rub on Skin So Soft and then wipe off.
80. Flea Bath: Use a flea and tick shampoo. Rinse, rinse, rinse so no soap residue is left. Follow with final rinse of 2 gallons of water mixed with flea dip and 1 capful of Skin So Soft. The Skin So Soft helps replace the oils lost in bathing and has the added benefit of repelling insects.
81. Flea Repellent: Avon’s Skin So Soft Bath Oil. 1-1/2 ounces per gallon of water; used as a sponge-on dip (or as a spritz) has been tested and proven to have significant, but not complete, flea-repellent activity for a 6-day period. It should help those dry coats, too.
82. It works great on animals with dry skin.
83. Use the following on horses and on dogs when necessary. 1-cup Avon Skin So Soft bath oil 1-cup white vinegar 1-cup (or more) water 5 cc of essential oil of citronella (from the health food store NOT the type you burn to keep insects away that is available in a drug store) Mix in a spray bottle. Straight Skin So Soft works well for mosquitoes too but really makes your dog greasy.
84. (Barns) Use as an inexpensive fly control spray or a diluted mix of Avon Skin So Soft in water can be sprayed on barn walls and floor to discourage insects from hanging around or to eliminate them before putting in the new bedding. As time permits, and if you can keep your goats out of the barn for a few hours – let the barn stand and air out before re-filling with bedding.
85. Rub on your hands before and after working with pets and farm animals, takes away pet odor.
86. A natural way to help cats with flea problems and flea allergies is to rub Skin So Soft into the skin. Fleas don’t like it either! Spread the word!
87. Cats: SKIN SO SOFT IS SAFE FOR FUR. Don’t overuse the Skin So Soft. Use the lotion, and rub it into the skin, not more than every few days. Common sense is the rule. You can check with your vet to be sure if it’s okay…
USES FOR HORSES:
88. Skin So Soft can be used as a hoof polish. This will put a nice shine to the hoof without drying it.
89. Skin So Soft can be used as a muzzle, eye, and ear enhancer. Skin So Soft works great and still helps keep bugs away.
90. Horses that have allergies and also get dry skin very easily can get baths in Skin So Soft. Bathe her like normal and then put a capful of Skin So Soft in a 5-gallon bucket of warm water and sponge this all over her. Her coat dries silky soft and she quits itching.
91. It removes tar spots from the car without damage to the paint.
92. Use it to clean vinyl dashboards, seats, and tops. It not only cleans, but also keeps it soft and helps to prevent any cracking.
93. After washing your car, use it as a tire dressing to keep them looking like new.
94. Put some on a small washcloth and leave in the car to help keep the air fresh and clean.
95. Wipe down vinyl surfaces inside your car. Cleans nicely and removes smoke odors left by cigarette smokers.
96. It gently cleans heavy grease and oil from skin and nonporous surfaces (great for Mechanic’s Hands).
97. It removes tree sap.
98. Prior to traveling…rub Skin So Soft on headlights and grill. It makes insects and bugs easier to remove.
99. Shines vehicle tires
100. Spray it on the outside of the tent, especially near the door & windows and it keeps mosquitoes away! (Also… be sure to check out Bug Guard, made by Skin So Soft. This gentle bug repellant works using picaridin instead of deet!!!)
If you still aren’t sold or you didn’t find one single thing in the hundred listings above… be sure to check out customers reviews of Skin So Soft by clicking here. The original Skin So Soft bath formula has not changed & that is one of the biggest pro’s in the reviews. The labels change, of course- but the Skin So Soft formula being sold on my web site right now is the same one that was being sold 20 years ago!
Also… keep in mind that Skin So Soft has several lines of products for you and for your family. Click here to browse all products by Avon’s Skin So Soft, including bath oils, aroma therapy, hair removal, bug guard, firm & restore, and more! Also feel free to leave your own review or recommendation if you didn’t see your favorite Skin So Soft use listed above.
In closing, I would like to add my own, personal favorite use of Avon’s Skin So Soft. Yes, I do use the gel and creamy body wash, as well as the original Skin So Soft bath oil after shower (especially during the winter)… I also use the radiant moisture Skin So Soft lotion (I have one at home and one at work) and yes, the dog has his own bottle & it has done wonders with his sensitive skin; however, my very favorite product by Skin So Soft is the Bug Guard. Not only does it work, but it is safe to use with my children. I keep at least one bottle in my truck… and at least one bottle in my husband’s truck. The Deep Woods brand of insect repellant, which uses deet as their active ingredient, specifically instructs that as soon as you are inside and away from insects you should remove your clothing. Picaridin is much safer to use with my family.