1. I’m a Capricorn. Right down to the ‘T’. Very serious (with a funny side). Mostly orgnaized (in a disorganized way). Capricorns like family and traditions. And words like responsible, disciplined, and self-control are ised to describe Capricorns. These words couldn’t be more true about my overall personality.
2. My favorite color is Green. Any shade of Green. Bright Green & Dark Green.. & everything in between. I can’t give any specific reason as to why I love it so much… other than my Grandfather used to tell us kids that his favorite color was Green… because it meant “GO!”. Ah yes.. and my eyes are Green.
3. I’m not “from” Florida. I was born in Tennessee, so close to the Georgia line that for about 19 years I thought I was born in Georgia. Turns out.. I’m a Tennessee-an. Very pretty country. The picture below was taken in the town where I was born.
4. I’m a “Boy Mom”… and I love it!! Sometimes I get a little sad thinking about how my daughter and I could have gone and gotten our nails done together.. & I could have dressed her ao cute… If I’d had a daughter. But then we visit with friends or relatives who HAVE daughters. & I love my boys a little more every time. (I’m allowed to say this, by the way… I AM a girl… and I’m a handful!!). I never considered myself disappointed with each pregnancy when I found out it was 2 boys… then another boy 22 months later. They complete me.
5. I used to write poetry when I was about 13. Good poetry. Sometimes dark.. but good. It was a stress-reliever for me (yes… stress at 13!) I’m now in my thirties and to save my life I cannot wrote a poem. It’s the strangest thing…
6. I’m married to my best friend. Of course… he is a 5th child. And he makes me crazy at times. But the truth is: he is my very best friend. I have trouble keeping secrets from him and unfortunately for him, I tell him everything! Lol
7. I love the beach and the lake in the summer. Water is my happy place & ai love to fish. And I usually don’t the even get into the water!! Lol Laying on the pontoon boat on the lake, in the sun or layong on the beach in the sun is as close to Heaven as I’ve ever been. Boating and beach days without the sun doesn’t make me happy at all. So all this Heavenliness credit is issued to the Sun.
8. My dream job (like if I won the lotto & I can do whatever I wanna do) has always been and still is owning a pig farm. I did a pig for FFA (Future Farmers of America) when I was in high school (I was 17). I loved every minute and it was such a great learning experience- putting in hard work, building a pin, caring for my pig, spending money on food and supplies, & at the end, showing and selling her at an auction- writing a “Thank you” letter to my buyer and comparing expenses and sale price to determine my profit. Such an awesome experience. I’ve always wanted to breed pigs and sell them to high school students to give back this experience.
9. My girl crush is June Carter Cash. I love that she wasn’t perfect. She admitted to not being able to sing (in her opinion). She was married 3 times.. & divorced twice. I love the imperfection about her; however, to her husband she was absolutely perfect. At June’s funeral, her stepdaughter, Rosanne Cash, stated “If being a wife were a corporation, June would have been a CEO. It was her most treasured role.” Two things about this that put stars in my eyes: First of all it is uncommon nowadays to find women who take pride in being someone’s wife. Secondly- having stepchildren is one of the most challenges parts of life, in my opinion. The fact that she has this big of an impression on another woman’s child is amazing! I hope my stepson feels this way about me one day.
10. Lastly.. now that I’ve mentioned June Carter Cash, who obviously sings country music, the last thing I want to tell you about me is that I’m a music lover. Period. I love all music. I love country, alternative, classic rock, heavy metal, oldies, Reggaeton, Latin Music… Everything! Going through my music play list feels like visiting a new state and new country every 10 minutes or so! Lol